Our Goal: Carbon Neutral By 2040
We are committed to making our operations more sustainable – and our goal of net zero by 2040 outpaces the Paris Climate Agreement by a decade.
In less than 20 years, we hope to reach one of our most ambitious environmental milestones yet: to become completely carbon neutral by 2040. It’s our most important delivery to the address we all share. But delivering a sustainable future can’t rest on one area alone. How do we plan to achive this goal in the years to come? Priority Earth is our initiative to get there.
For starters, $2 billion initial investment in three key areas: vehicle electrification, sustainable energy and carbon sequestration. Our main areas of focus span reducing emissions, optimizing how we deliver, creating sustainable infrastructure and researching new options for last-mile delivery:
- We’ve pledged $100 million to help establish the Yale Center for Natural Carbon Capture, where researchers will focus on ways to remove and store Earth’s excess carbon
- We’re currently converting our entire parcel pickup and delivery fleet to zero-emission electric vehicles
- Building on our FedEx® Fuel Sense initiatives, we’ll continue working to reduce aircraft fuel consumption
- We’re continuing to invest in alternative fuels to reduce aircraft and vehicle emissions
- We’re also investing in efficient infrastructure, renewable energy, and other energy management programs for more sustainable facilities
Check out why this commitment is so important to us – and our planet - below:
Now more than ever, it’s critical that we take care of the planet we call home. For more information on how we’re helping to protect the future of our communities and planet, check out our latest ESG report here, or find more stories on sustainability now.
PreviousWhat Does Supply Chain Resilience Look Like?
NextWhy Logistics Is Unlocking Opportunities For UAE-India Trade
How To Move People And Goods More Sustainably
Our Sustainability Roadmap For
Stay Focused On UN Sustainable Development Goals For Asia’s Recovery